Notice for my clients about Corona virus.
No doubt you have heard a lot about COVID-19 (Corona Virus) in the media recently as the situation continues to unfold.
As a healthcare practitioner I care for the health of my clients as well as my own.
COVID-19 Is primarily spread between people when we directly touch or breathe the air of someone who is already infected, or through touching a surface that has been recently infected.
Hygiene and infection control is part of a massage therapist training because of the nature of our work.
So I wanted to share with you the precautions I’m taking here in my treatment room.
Things I ALWAYS do to be clean and sanitary:
- I use fresh linen for each client.
- I wash my hands thoroughly before each client.
- My treatment environment is clean and sanitary.
- Bathrooms and shared spaces are cleaned daily and disinfected after each client.
- Clients are asked not to attend if they are sick.
- I never work if I am sick.
- There is a 30 minutes space between appointments to allow for cleaning, linen change, and so clients don’t cross over.
At the moment I’m also adding the precautions of:
- I ask clients not to attend if they have recently travelled or have been in contact with any confirmed cases.
- I provide sanitising hand gel for each client on entering and leaving the room.
- I am disinfecting commonly touched surfaces after each client.
- I’m wearing a face mask whilst treating.
Right now I’m continuing to provide the usual care and support for all my clients. As the situation unfolds and we learn more, I will continue to follow the advice from the authorities.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
Thank you, Paula.